Thursday, 12 November 2009

Ridley Road Portrait Project - the beginning.






My idea...

I’ve lived and worked in and around Dalston since I arrived in London several years ago and I’ve always been fascinated by the energy and diversity of Ridley Road Market.

My plan is set up a temporary photographic studio within the market for three consecutive days in order to produce portraits of the stallholders and shoppers.

My aim is to produce approximately 100 portraits over the three days.

I want to photograph the people who give the market its unique character, creating a lasting portrait of the market itself through those who occupy it.

I hope that the portraits will provide an important historical document for future generations.

This project is being made possible by the kind support of the Arts Council of England.

Stay tuned to hear more about my progress and view the work as I create it...


Thanks, Kate



No comments:

Post a Comment